BBTF 13 Highlights

Monday, June 4, 2012

My Big Tent Experience - brev Aimee



As a Breviarian, we should attend gatherings such as the M.O.B rules, Brevstock, choir schedules at different churches, Vespers and Big Tent Festival. The latest gathering I attended was the Breviarian Big Tent Festival 13.


Reflection and Lesson:

As a teenager, a daughter, and a sister I learned that we as children of our parents should respect them in return of their love and care to us.  As sir Lito Pangilinan was having his talk, and as I was listening, I found myself so lucky that I have my dad who works for us and who gives us what we wanted.  We are so lucky that when we go to school we wear neat, new and comfortable uniforms.  He even helped his siblings to finish their schooling.  And most of all he loved his parents so much.   While on my part, I sometimes shout at my parents, and quarrel with my siblings.  But when I heard sir Pangilinan’s story, I realized a lot of things like how bad my behavior as a daughter and a sister is.  I should always remind myself how blessed I am compared to other children who has no home…who has no parents… who has no food to eat (while I waste it at times)… who needs money (while I waste it buying things I do not need)… and who wants to have all of these (when I already do).

God has been very gracious to me since we still have our parents on our side who help us, support us and love us. So when the time comes that they are the ones who need these,  we should repay them with the same support and love, or if possible, to do even more.  I focused on the topic of sir Lito, because even though I already heard his story, it made me reflect on so many things.

Other Insights:
I like it better when we would have the Big Tent Festival at San Pablo Seminary.  It is more fun and we would learn so many things like being independent, waking up early, leadership and many more.

by Aimee Melissa V. Trinidad

No comments:

Post a Comment